The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) stands as the most stringent global law governing privacy and security. Originating from the European Union (EU), it extends its obligations to organizations worldwide, as long as they engage in targeting or collecting data pertaining to individuals in the EU.
This regulation came into force on May 25, 2018, and it carries significant penalties for those found in breach of its privacy and security standards, including fines that can escalate into the tens of millions of euros.
The purpose of this document is to furnish essential information about GDPR, elucidating the law and outlining how WPCommerz intends to integrate GDPR principles into their products and services.
GDPR Implementation of WPCommerz
At WPCommerz, safeguarding user data and upholding privacy is of paramount importance to us. Since the inception of our company, we have adhered to stringent data protection and privacy principles. Fortunately, these principles closely align with several GDPR standards.
Here is a summary of how WPCommerz adheres to GDPR principles in the collection, storage, and utilization of your data:
1. Profile Creation:
– We collect basic information such as your name, email address, phone number, and address for the purpose of creating your profile.
2. Order Data:
– When you make a purchase, we gather order data, including your IP address, web browser, payment email, billing address, payment method, and credit card or PayPal information. This information is collected to prevent fraudulent activities and for invoicing purposes.
3. Tracking Information:
– While you browse our site, we occasionally collect tracking information, including the pages you visit, the products you view, and the pages you interact with. This data is used for marketing purposes.
4. Data Retention:
– Invoices are retained for approximately 6 years. Your billing information is kept for this duration unless you specifically request us to delete your data.
5. Service Providers:
– We utilize WooCommerce and Google Analytics, both reputable service providers. Importantly, we do not share your data with any other third-party companies or businesses.
6. User Control:
– You have full control over your content. You can view and modify your profile at any time. Additionally, you can request to view all the data we have stored by sending us an email. Crucially, you have the right to request the deletion of your data, and upon your request, we will promptly delete it. We are also actively working on providing you with the capability to independently control and delete your data.
7. Contacting Us:
– For any inquiries, you can use our contact form or send an email to [email protected].
We are in the process of implementing GDPR on our website and services. This page will be continuously updated as needed. Our goal is to ensure that everything related to WPCommerz is fully compliant with GDPR by May 29, 2018.